« Home | Double Shot » | Caramba! » | Yahoo Mail Upgraded » | Old-Man Lifestyle » | Home Sweet Home » | Race Against Time » | If Only » | Two Down, One To Go » | One Down, Two To Go » | Final Countdown » 

Sunday, December 12, 2004 

Hands

Have you ever stop and marvel at your hands?

You may ask: "Why would I waste my precious time and look at something that has been with me since the day I dropped out of my mother's womb?"

The hands are capable of doing so many great things - they build; they create; they sense; they even destroy.

Take the Seven Wonders of the World for example. These great structures were built with the bare hands of human, some spanning over a few years or even decades before it is completed. Ok, you may argue that pyramids were built by aliens with the help of spaceships and hi-tech devices. But those green guys have got to control the devices with their hands as well. Unless you want to further argue that aliens don't have hands and uses their legs as replacement, or the use of telekenetic among their race.

With our hands, we are given the power to express. A show of the thumb signifies approval/satisfaction, while a show of the middle finger implies otherwise. With our hands, we are capable of sensing the world around us. A mother shows her comfort towards her baby by touches. A couple caress each other to show affections. With our hands, decisions are made. Peace deals achieved as papers are signed, and wars declared as signatures are written.

So the next time you're busy typing away with the keyboard, take a break and ask yourself this: "What would I do without these hands of mine?"

Think about it. ;)

Hands! I love my hands! I know my hands are pretty special compared to others. I have a direct 'highway' line across my palms which others usually don't. I used my hands for many things, usually, usually good things, morally good things. I know of some ppl who used them for really bad intentions such as this site - http://www.drliew.net/archives/001501.html

Haha, give that guy (refer to link) a break will you? He's just trying to clean himself up. Furthermore, he's saving up alot of water by doing so. Don't you agree? :))

Post a Comment

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health