SL-275 Java Programming Language
SL-275 is a course under Sun Microsystems, and with the collaboration of the university, it is now being offered to all MMU students. I registered this course and will be undertaking it this trimester. :D
It seems like a suicide, considering the heavy workload (7 subjects) for this Trimester. But, since it's my final year starting next Trimester (where I'll be having my industrial training for First Trimester, and busy with my final year project for the last 2 Trimesters), I do not possibly think I will be able to handle another course by then. Plus, I'm afraid that urge to take the course will be long gone by then. Hehehe.
The course is at the discounted student rate of RM 700, compared to RM 2900 for those who undertake the course outside. It's relatively short. Only for a period of 49 hours - 7 hours a week for a total of 7 weeks. And the best thing is, the number of students in a class is limited to 16 only; no more, no less. Furthermore, only 2 classes are opened per Trimester. I think this is to ensure the quality of the course.
After successfully completing the course, I'll have to take a certification exam to qualify as a Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform 1.4. Now isn't that cool? I actually get to own a title. :P
I chose the Saturdays class, as it would not clash with my acedemic matters. The other session was conducted during the weekdays (Monday & Wednesday nights). Class starts at 9am and ends at 5pm, with breaks in between.
Attended my very first class today. First half of the day was spent on Module #1 lecture followed by some exercises. Since it's the introduction, most of the students managed to complete Module #1 quite early. I even managed to have lunch and went back for a nap. :D Class resumed at 2pm for Module #2 and ended before 5pm.
Though I've taken Object Oriented Programming (was introduced to Java then) a few trimesters ago, it seems that I've erased most of the knowledge from my space-limited brain.
Guess I'll just have to brush up my skills along the way then. 6 Saturdays to go. Err..42 hours to be exact. :)
It seems like a suicide, considering the heavy workload (7 subjects) for this Trimester. But, since it's my final year starting next Trimester (where I'll be having my industrial training for First Trimester, and busy with my final year project for the last 2 Trimesters), I do not possibly think I will be able to handle another course by then. Plus, I'm afraid that urge to take the course will be long gone by then. Hehehe.
The course is at the discounted student rate of RM 700, compared to RM 2900 for those who undertake the course outside. It's relatively short. Only for a period of 49 hours - 7 hours a week for a total of 7 weeks. And the best thing is, the number of students in a class is limited to 16 only; no more, no less. Furthermore, only 2 classes are opened per Trimester. I think this is to ensure the quality of the course.
After successfully completing the course, I'll have to take a certification exam to qualify as a Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform 1.4. Now isn't that cool? I actually get to own a title. :P
I chose the Saturdays class, as it would not clash with my acedemic matters. The other session was conducted during the weekdays (Monday & Wednesday nights). Class starts at 9am and ends at 5pm, with breaks in between.
Attended my very first class today. First half of the day was spent on Module #1 lecture followed by some exercises. Since it's the introduction, most of the students managed to complete Module #1 quite early. I even managed to have lunch and went back for a nap. :D Class resumed at 2pm for Module #2 and ended before 5pm.
Though I've taken Object Oriented Programming (was introduced to Java then) a few trimesters ago, it seems that I've erased most of the knowledge from my space-limited brain.
Guess I'll just have to brush up my skills along the way then. 6 Saturdays to go. Err..42 hours to be exact. :)
Labels: University
I took the class two years ago, but it was all in one week. I remember wishing that I could have spread it out over a semester. I just took the exam last month and passed. You might find my thoughts on preparing for the certification useful when you go to take the test. Good luck!
--Mark
Posted by
Anonymous |
7:25 am