« Home | It Rained...Finally » | Trinite 2005 » | Ants Attack » | Flunked » | L'oreal » | Sleepy » | ... » | Back In Hell » | Golden Rooster Year » | Finally » 

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 

Sharing

Throughout the course in pursuit of knowledge, I've come to understand one simple thing - some people are selfish in sharing their knowledge.

Knowledgde gained are meant to be shared. What's the point of keeping all the knowledge to oneself? I believe that you only really learn when you share.

Take for example assignments and projects. What's wrong with sharing your assignment solution or completed project with your friend?

Perhaps you're afraid your friend will copy them, and land you in trouble when the lecturer finds out there's a duplicate of the same set of answers?

If you find yourself in this category, one advice for you - chill out. You're the one who finished the work. So even if the lecturer is to go berserk, you won't get into any trouble. Reasons like "I was expecting him/her to refer my work, not copy them." or "Hey, I'm just practising the open-source concept!" should get you out of trouble.

Or are you just being plain selfish and think you're the world's greatest when every other coursemate of yours is struggling hard to finish the tasks, while you sit and 'enjoy the show'?

Well, in this case, I suggest you to start sharing. You'll never know when the wind will change its course. I've been through the better-be-dead-than-alive situation where I just couldn't complete the project given. And knowing those around you won't help when they can, it's so annoying and frustrating.

The race to gain knowledge shouln't be a selfish one. It should be a race where everyone help each other to reach the finishing line. We should not assume that we'll lose out if we share.

Afterall, sharing is caring. ; )

Labels:

erm....not really agree... Teach can lar..but share the solution we work so hard with sleepless days... i think most of the ppl wont do that...And again it is not selfish.... can teach but not copy .. sharing knowledge it good.... but sharing solution ..erm ... dependlar.. some solution for me can't share.. like business secret..u can share?? business secret also idea or knowledge.... can't share in this case, right.... I will definetely agree with sharing knowledge through "proper" way .. Although we cant finish or have no idea...we can ask... if still cannot .. dun think of copy..juz submit ur effort and i think lecturer will give u the reasonable mark too.. Anyway that only my point of view...

You do have your point and I respect that. But in the end, it all comes down to you yourself; whether to share or not.

Some people have the principle of not 'practising' this kind of habit.

Of course we can't possibly share business secret. Else, it won't be classified as 'secret', right? :D

Anyway, the decision to copy the work lies in the hand of the other party. Should they copy, they're the ones who will miss the opportunity to learn.

Oh well, I am willing to share my knowledge (and solution :P) if someone asks for it, because I won't lose anything (perhaps for the "sleepless days" part)

P/S: Again, I respect your viewpoints. I'm just expressing mine as well. ; )

Post a Comment

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health