« Home | Sunny Day » | 2 Days And Counting » | Look What We Have Found » | So Far So Good » | Multiraces, Multinationality?! » | Back To Campus » | Brunch, Not Breakfast » | Hurricane Names » | Happy Birthday Flo! » | Rainy Days Make People Lazy » 

Friday, November 25, 2005 

ICQ

I accidentally clicked on the ICQ launch button on my explorer toolbar while surfing. Out of curiousity, I decided to login to the messenger to see if anyone is online.

There was only a guy in my list who was actually online.


Back in my foundation year, everyone seemed to use ICQ as their preferred messenger. It was not long afterwards that MSN and Yahoo! Messenger started to take precedence over ICQ. And before everyone realised it, no one is using ICQ anymore. Even I switched to Yahoo! Messenger because everyone else was doing so. The only reason I held on to ICQ back then was because of the lousy internet connection (plus firewall) in EP (student apartment).

Gone is the day where your friends ask for your ICQ number. Most people don't even bother to install ICQ anymore.

Technology. You got to go when your 'glorious' days are over. New technology will eventually ensue.

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health