Multiraces, Multinationality?!
Group Members : Dear Students, I have received some queries regarding the racial composition of your assignment groups. To make it clearer...Here's an example: 1 Chinese,1 Malay,1 Indian,1 Arab,1 African,...etc. Alternatively, you can have 1 Malaysian Chinese, 1 Singaporean Chinese, 1 Malaysian Malay, 1 Indonesian Malay,1 Malaysian Indian,1 British Indian...etc. To make it easier, you must have at least 3 different races in your group. Get the picture?... Why the hassle?... The objective is to prepare you with skills to interact with people of various backgrounds in a multiracial and multinational workplace... Happy Hunting!
This lecturer should be questioned "Why the hassle?" instead of questioning it. Sheesh.
What if my dad is Malaysian Chinese and my mum is Malaysian Indian? Does that count as 2 races? I think it does. :P
And what exactly are the skills to interact in a multiracial and multinational workplace?!
I think we should submit a multi-lingual assignment just to show how "multi" the group is. Oh ya, don't forget to state your race and nationality on the cover page as well, next to your name. -_-"
Labels: University
OMG, are you serious?? Where are you gonna find so many pee-pal? What if the class is dominated by one race? Split the other races into 4 pieces? Or they do 4 assignments? Lol. How?
Posted by
ruiyun |
8:07 pm
I didn't know lecturers can do that.. Anyway, it's plain silly (I feel). The other thing he/she will gain apart from his/her objective is his/her students disliking him/her..
Posted by
babyblur |
10:28 pm
you no need to worry la cos u not taking that sub also. limpeh got take leh, but luckily she relaxed the rule a bit into "at least 3 different races". still it's hard to form a group from a unbalanced ratio of races in the class.
Posted by
Anonymous |
6:19 pm
swee won: Yups, serious. :D We'll just see how everything goes then. Luckily I don't have to take that subject. Phew~
meishin: I guess she's just the authoritarian type. She might regret her action after the academic evaluation. :P
zan: Yeah, glad that I don't take the subject. All the best hunting for group members then. ; )
Posted by
raymond |
8:18 pm
though i must say, despite her authoritarian character, she is quite friendly in lecture, and her style of lecture is different. friendly in a sense that she is not hostile when you talk to her, but her rules are rules. you can coax her into changing it, unless you really really have a good excuse. case in point, she recently accepts groups with 2 races but with a condition, the ratio must be 2:3, i.e. 2 malays, 3 chinese or 3 indians, 2 malays.
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:51 pm
I think the multiracial members composition group is a quite common practice by lecturers in our public university. isn't it? you may check with your friends who are studying in public uni.
cheers,
zun
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:38 pm