Yuletide Greetings
I thought I was going to experience a rather quiet Christmas this year. I did not plan to go anywhere since most of my friends are out of town (Genting, KL, Singapore) or already got themselves a date or not even planning to celebrate.
The evening started quite usual as any other day. Watched a few programmes on the TV, including Phua Chu Kang's Christmas Special. Planned to continue watching other programmes when my friend contacted me to get our butts out of this dead-quiet area. Apparently, many have already scrambled out to town.
Destination of the night - Portugese Settlement. As the name suggests, it's a settlement for the Portugese descendant in Malacca, most of them of Christian faith. So Christmas means alot to these folks.
Usually, we prefer to decorate the interior of our house nicely but not the exterior. But the residents here transform the whole settlement into a fairyland by decorating the houses, especially the exterior with beautiful lightings, Chritmas trees, Santa, snowman as well as other ornaments.
Usually, we prefer to decorate the interior of our house nicely but not the exterior. But the residents here transform the whole settlement into a fairyland by decorating the houses, especially the exterior with beautiful lightings, Chritmas trees, Santa, snowman as well as other ornaments.
Thanks to the massive traffic jam, we actually arrived late by a few minutes and missed the countdown! *sigh* By the time we were walking towards the open stage in the middle of the settlement, people were thronging the street trying to get out of the place. I assume they were proceeding to other places to continue the celebration. The place was sure crowded. You could barely breathe in there, and boy was it hot!
Anyway, the celebration did not end until 1am. Everyone was obviously enjoying themselves, dancing the night away at the open area. For those reserved ones like me, we prefered to walk around the neighbourhood and checked out the decorations. The place is simply superb! *thumbs up*
If I'm not mistaken, I remembered being molested numerous times too. Or was it just the fact that everyone was pushing their way through the crowd? Hmm...*thinking hard* I guess it's just the crowd pushing afterall. Hehe :P
Unfortunately, we did not bring along any camera, and that explains the absence of photos in this blog. But we pledged to come back again this evening, with the aim of snapping some photos.
I guess I'll make another entry after my second trip back from the Portugese Settlement, this time with photos and further explanation :)
Merry Christmas guys!