« Home | Jewel In My Dream » | Murphy's Love Laws » | Murphy's Law » | Dr. Ray » | Metamorphosis?! » | Episode III - The Departure » | Episode II - The Den » | Episode I - The Arrival » | SL-275 Java Programming Language » | 400 Minutes Longest Non-Stop Chat » 

Thursday, January 13, 2005 

Blackout

Got a call from Swee Won around 1.00 pm, asking me whether there was electricity in Melaka. I promptly opened my eyes (was still in bed) and stared on the ceiling. The fan was not moving. Then I squinted at the alarm clock on my computer table. The display was off. Indeed, there's a blackout.

At times like this, there's only one thing to be done. Go back to sleep. Hehehe. Woke up again at around 3.30 pm to find that the electricity had yet to be restored. The weather nowadays is so hot. I can't possibly sleep again. So got off to take a bath. When I got out, voila! The fan was happily spinning away. *overjoyed*

Read the report of the blackout on the online news. A switchgear failure at one of the power stations in Selangor had caused the massive blackout throughout Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Johor, Negeri Sembilan and Malacca.

Just glad that it's over. Wouldn't want to get fried or bbq-ed alive in this kind of weather. *phew*

Swee Won here :P Yes, I was in the library when the blackout happened. All of a sudden, the lights went off and the sound of d air cons went dead. My maths class at 1pm was canceled because the lecturer couldn't shout thru the whole lecture room. And I called this pig and found out that he was still sleeping :-w

Me n my friends found a very comfortable place to hang out then -- corridors at FOE building, outside the lecturers' office. bwahahhaha a little bit of shameful thing to do. But how can you stop a bunch of mad people? Electricity came back at about 3:30pm and we were happily heading to our class at 4pm. Ouch... what la I thought classes will be all canceled today :P

Wahahaha...Oh, you're out in campus having class huh? I was busy sleeping lah. No class on Thursdays for me dear. :P

So your maths class will be replaced some other day?

ya lor...i ngam ngam reach malacca toll plaza nia then chun chun blackout...wuuuahahahahha!!

~eT

Post a Comment

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health