« Home | Week 5 » | Mortal Life, Immortal Stories » | Looping, Strings & Package » | E.T. » | A Boring Friday » | The "Rude Malaysians" Contest » | Blackout » | Jewel In My Dream » | Murphy's Love Laws » | Murphy's Law » 

Wednesday, January 19, 2005 

Pascal & C#

Programming Language Concepts project is out.

It is divided into 3 parts. In groups of maximum 4, we are supposed to write a program for a Census Management System for Part 1. The system must be able to perform addition, modification and deletion of records, as well as other functions.

The headache - we are required to write the program in 2 different languages, either Pascal and C# OR Java and VB. The lecturer will determine which languages to be used by each group.

For Part 2, we have to write a report based on the 2 languages (i.e. history, background, syntax, etc.) and the system produced.

Lastly, we need to come out with a summary sheet of the language used.

I was hoping I'll get the Java and VB combination to write the program, since I'm more or less exposed to both languages throughout the course. Pascal and C# are "aliens" to me, and most of the students, I presume.

To my horror and disappointment, the lecturer assigned us to use Pascal and C# for the project. Due date is 23 February 2005, which is a short duration to learn 2 new languages, considering what I'll have to go through for the next few weeks before the project submission date. 5 tests, 1 assignment due, 1 presentation, and Chinese New Year midterm break.

How I am to survive this trimester, I have no idea. The path ahead is so dark and full of obstacles. I'm already knee-deep in this quicksand. Let's hope I won't sink to my death before the trimester ends.

Labels:

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health