Cockroach
While I was doing my laundry this morning, one creepy-looking 6-legged creature paid me a visit. Ah wait, I think we humans call this creature 'cockroach'. *rubs chin*
I'm wondering now whether cockroaches do have brain. Hmm, I'm not sure about that. But that thing was obviously observing me for quite some time. It stopped dead in its track and (I guess) stared at me. Somehow, I don't like the feeling of being observed while I'm doing my laundry.
Tried to shoo it away, as what I always do to some stupid cats messing with the rubbish bin, hoping that they have sudden heart attack and die on the spot. It (the cockroach) won't budge. Proceeded to brush it with the floor mat. I guess I tickled it. That dumbass then crawled to the corner of the kitchen, facing the wall, pretending that I won't be able to see it if it can't see me.
It is getting on my nerves already. Being the neat-clean-and-tidy person I am (ya right), I just can't stand there and do nothing while the cockroach was trying to have its footprints left all over on the kitchen floor. God knows where it had been to. The rubbish bin perhaps, or the drain, or accidentally/purposely stepped on some dog/cat shit while on its way to my place.
Next thing on my mind was to exterminate it. We don't have any aerosol insect killer in the house (We're a bunch of environmentalists). I did not have any broom near me at that moment. The next best thing was a medium-sized saucepan.
No, Einstein. I'm not going to crush the cockroach with the pan. I had better plan. *smug*
I took the pan and filled it quarter-full with water, put it on the stove and heated it. Muahahaha, yes clever. I'm going to boil some cockroach and then throw away the pan. However, my better sense of judgement told me that I should just boil the water and pour it on the cockroach. *grins*
The time has come to send this poor soul to Heaven. The water sizzled as I titled the pan. By now, I concluded that cockroaches don't have ears. It should be scrambling out of the house already should it have any.
The first drop of water dripped on the cockroach's butt. It was running out of the back door on all four, faster than Speedy Gonzales and/or RoadRunner. It then landed (on its butt) on a puddle of water from my laundry.
Damn, this executioner job was taking more time than I had expected. The steel door was locked, and I had to get the key from my room, then unlocked it.
To end things fast, I poured the remaining water in one shot, this time making sure I won't miss the target. Guess what? The cockroach did a back flip and landed flat on its back. DEAD.
One important discovery to note - the cockroach turned from black to red, just like what happen to the crabs/prawns when you cook it. That's the sign that the food is cooked. ; )
Ah well, my laundry session then continued without much interruption. Sunny day today. *whistles*
I'm wondering now whether cockroaches do have brain. Hmm, I'm not sure about that. But that thing was obviously observing me for quite some time. It stopped dead in its track and (I guess) stared at me. Somehow, I don't like the feeling of being observed while I'm doing my laundry.
Tried to shoo it away, as what I always do to some stupid cats messing with the rubbish bin, hoping that they have sudden heart attack and die on the spot. It (the cockroach) won't budge. Proceeded to brush it with the floor mat. I guess I tickled it. That dumbass then crawled to the corner of the kitchen, facing the wall, pretending that I won't be able to see it if it can't see me.
It is getting on my nerves already. Being the neat-clean-and-tidy person I am (ya right), I just can't stand there and do nothing while the cockroach was trying to have its footprints left all over on the kitchen floor. God knows where it had been to. The rubbish bin perhaps, or the drain, or accidentally/purposely stepped on some dog/cat shit while on its way to my place.
Next thing on my mind was to exterminate it. We don't have any aerosol insect killer in the house (We're a bunch of environmentalists). I did not have any broom near me at that moment. The next best thing was a medium-sized saucepan.
No, Einstein. I'm not going to crush the cockroach with the pan. I had better plan. *smug*
I took the pan and filled it quarter-full with water, put it on the stove and heated it. Muahahaha, yes clever. I'm going to boil some cockroach and then throw away the pan. However, my better sense of judgement told me that I should just boil the water and pour it on the cockroach. *grins*
The time has come to send this poor soul to Heaven. The water sizzled as I titled the pan. By now, I concluded that cockroaches don't have ears. It should be scrambling out of the house already should it have any.
The first drop of water dripped on the cockroach's butt. It was running out of the back door on all four, faster than Speedy Gonzales and/or RoadRunner. It then landed (on its butt) on a puddle of water from my laundry.
Damn, this executioner job was taking more time than I had expected. The steel door was locked, and I had to get the key from my room, then unlocked it.
To end things fast, I poured the remaining water in one shot, this time making sure I won't miss the target. Guess what? The cockroach did a back flip and landed flat on its back. DEAD.
One important discovery to note - the cockroach turned from black to red, just like what happen to the crabs/prawns when you cook it. That's the sign that the food is cooked. ; )
Ah well, my laundry session then continued without much interruption. Sunny day today. *whistles*
wuahh...nx time use a rolled up newspaper or slipper n smack it hard!! hahaha then u can c all d juice spilling out...muuuaahahahaha!!
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:52 am
wooOoo.. dat was wad u got for ya sunday moening breakfast ?? *yuMmy* ^^ kekekeke... wad's it tasted like ?? a lobster mayb ? ;)
Happie days dude.. dun miss me too much k ! n eppie holidays ~
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:23 am
et: cannot lah. so dirty. end up i'll havta clean the whole kitchen pulak. :P
mighty-lucy: thanks! ; ) just imagine a prawn being cooked.
angelic-scamp: don't know how it tastes. but no worries, will let u have a bite the next time another cockroach shows up. :D
Posted by
raymond |
5:03 pm