« Home | Free Movie, Anyone? » | Access & SQL » | More Celebrations! » | Plan Postponed » | Training » | Mid Year Conjuncture Meeting » | Happy Birthday, Boss. » | Out Of Routine » | Thank You » | Lazybones » 

Friday, July 15, 2005 

French Day Celebration

The company celebrated France's National Day (14 July), or better known as Bastille Day on Wednesday.

Everyone was invited to the celebration which started at 1.00pm. We were told not to work in the afternoon. How good is that?! :P

The bistro was decorated with floating balloons. Red, blue & white. The color of the French national flag.

We kicked off the celebration with a French tea. It was a simple one, just biscuits, breads, french loaves, cheeses and wines. My division director (he's a French) took time to explain to us the different types of cheese and wine available.

Tried most of the cheeses, except a round-shaped, blue-dotted one. I heard it has a strong smell. So I left it alone. :D Tried the one with a red outer layer. It tasted ok. Not too strong, not too mild. Sampled a few types of goat cheese as well. They were a bit sour, not exactly my preference.

Next, I sampled the wine. I'm not a wine lover, nor a good drinker. I just tried for the sake of trying. Hehe. There were white and red wines from all over France. (I did not manage to catch the names of the place.) Some was bitter; some spicy; some sweet; some too sweet.

We were then given French lesson. Big Boss and my director taught everyone a few phrases, as well as dirty words. Haha! It was for our knowledge only - not meant to be spoken ever again. :P My colleague was busy jotting down the words in his PDA. "Next time if the boss is scolding us, we could actually know if they're using any dirty words."

During the break, we were served cakes and tarts. Very delicious! Some were very sweet though.

The celebration ended with a movie session. 2 shows were up. I skipped the action movie, because when I opened the door, I saw someone in the movie putting a knife through a man's hand. Violence. Not my cup of tea. *angelic* So I chose the other movie entitled The Chorus. It was about a teacher trying to teach a group of minors in a detention school to sing as a choir. Nice story line. Highly recommended. *thumbs up*

Well, there goes another working day!


P/S: My apologies. I can't remember the names of the cheese and wine.

Labels:

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health