Training
Had a training with 20 of the company's sales personnel yesterday. They were here for the sales force automation training, which simply means that they will be trained on how to use the new sales system with a tablet pc. I was actually considered a participant of the training, but on the order hand to assist the trainers to teach the sales personnel how to operate the system as well, since I had a training prior to this.
All that I can say is, it's so damn difficult to teach 20 people, of whom more than 10 are not well-exposed to any IT experience. Needless to say, most of them had never see or touch a tablet pc before. Some even never touch a normal pc.
Before we start with the formal training, these sales personnel were taught the basic of the table pc - switching on the pc, logging in, using the tablet pen, bla bla bla...
It's quite amusing to see how they struggled to master the skill of using the tablet pen. Some even complained that the pc can't recognise their handwriting. I guess it's beyond recognition then. Haha! They kept saying this kind of gadget doesn't belong to Earth, and claimed it's from some outer galaxy and insisted of sending it back to Mars. Funny. :))
I spent most of the time trying to help these people out, by showing them how to use the pc as well as the system. I must say this kind of work requires patience. It's also the time where you get to boast your not-so-great-afterall IT skills. :P
Another day just ended like that. How nice huh?
All that I can say is, it's so damn difficult to teach 20 people, of whom more than 10 are not well-exposed to any IT experience. Needless to say, most of them had never see or touch a tablet pc before. Some even never touch a normal pc.
Before we start with the formal training, these sales personnel were taught the basic of the table pc - switching on the pc, logging in, using the tablet pen, bla bla bla...
It's quite amusing to see how they struggled to master the skill of using the tablet pen. Some even complained that the pc can't recognise their handwriting. I guess it's beyond recognition then. Haha! They kept saying this kind of gadget doesn't belong to Earth, and claimed it's from some outer galaxy and insisted of sending it back to Mars. Funny. :))
I spent most of the time trying to help these people out, by showing them how to use the pc as well as the system. I must say this kind of work requires patience. It's also the time where you get to boast your not-so-great-afterall IT skills. :P
Another day just ended like that. How nice huh?
Labels: University