« Home | Happy Birthday, Boss. » | Out Of Routine » | Thank You » | Lazybones » | Damn Cold Lah » | Weekend @ Bukit Bintang » | Simply Retro, Simply Irresistible » | When The Sun Is Down » | End Of Another Working Week » | Monday Blues » 

Friday, July 01, 2005 

Mid Year Conjuncture Meeting

The company had its mid year conjuncture meeting last Wednesday. Basically, it was a meeting where various divisions proudly showed off their results for the first half of the year. It was held at a 5-star hotel in Subang.

So the night before I had to follow my colleague to the rehearsal straight after work. We were actually on standby just in case anything went wrong, and abit of coordination here and there. Met up with the big boss and a few colleagues at the hotel cafe. They were having dinner. As I already had my dinner (and still full), I only ordered a fruit juice. Psst...a plate of chicken rice costs RM35.00. Even my glass of honeydew juice costs RM14.00. I can burst my stomach if I order the same drink at a mamak with the same price. Anyway, the bill is credited into the company's account. *evil grins*

I was there till almost midnight, thanks to a few general managers who seemed to have lost track of time. Had to take a cab home as no one could give me a lift. (Again, I'm allowed to claim for the taxi fare :P )

The next morning my colleague gave me a lift to the hotel. Oh, did I tell you that the dresscode for the meeting was "Red & White"? Arggh, they think it's Christmas party meh? Siao~ Everybody looked cute in red and white though. Not all wore according to the dresscode, because some of the divisions actually agreed to wear different "uniform".

The meeting wasn't actually the meeting you have in mind. It was just presentation after presentation by each division. Well, it was very interesting to see each division's performance. I must say it was quite amazing.

When the HR division presented, they actually revealed the company's renovation plan. Oh My God, you should look at the new design and layout of the company. It's superb! Just wonderful. So modern & futuristic, so chic & elegant. The reception, the managers' offices, the pantry; everything's so perfect. Renovation work is expected to start in August and ends in 3 months' time. Too bad I won't be around when the whole thing completes. *sigh*

The meeting ended in the afternoon with lunch before everyone headed back to the company. Yes, we still have to work. :D Some divisions stayed back for other meetings. Small potatoes like me went back to the company, where we just relaxed and wait for time to go off. Hehehe...

Labels:

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health