Poor Service and Management
If there's one thing in this world that I can't tolerate, it will have to be poor service and management. Perfect example in this case - my university.
I'm usually the one who tends to keep my cool. But 3++ years down the road, dealing with the university management always causes me to lose pints of blood.
Take my recent experience with the Finance division.
When I found out I was barred for the online course registration, I tried to call the freaking Finance personnel to check my status. It took me 3 working days to finally able to speak to one of the senior finance officers. After checking and deciding that I shouldn't be barred, the lady requested me to contact the clerk for the unbarring process.
I tried to call the clerk but to no avail. The line was either busy or no one answered the call. I then dropped an email explaining the situation and requested to be unbarred. There was no reply. For the rest of the week, my status was stil the same, until I decided to come back. You call this a world class university? Yeah, perhaps, with a 3rd class service.
Come Monday, I tried to call any numbers belonging to finance personnel from the staff directory. Managed to talk to one of them, and she insisted that I talk to the few clerks in charge of the unbarring process.
"You cuba lagi lah nanti. Mereka ni semua sibuk kat counter. Queue student panjang ni. Nak settle fees, nak unbar mereka lagi."
For goodness sake, if you place your clerks at the counter to collect fees, how do you expect them to pick up the phone? Simple reasoning also cannot comprehend.
After spending few ringgits on my phone credit, and after multiple calls and redirects, I just couldn't take it anymore. I had no choice but to bug the last person I talked to and she promised to pass the message to the clerk. I was unbarred an hour or so later.
So ends the story of poor service and management.
I'm usually the one who tends to keep my cool. But 3++ years down the road, dealing with the university management always causes me to lose pints of blood.
Take my recent experience with the Finance division.
When I found out I was barred for the online course registration, I tried to call the freaking Finance personnel to check my status. It took me 3 working days to finally able to speak to one of the senior finance officers. After checking and deciding that I shouldn't be barred, the lady requested me to contact the clerk for the unbarring process.
I tried to call the clerk but to no avail. The line was either busy or no one answered the call. I then dropped an email explaining the situation and requested to be unbarred. There was no reply. For the rest of the week, my status was stil the same, until I decided to come back. You call this a world class university? Yeah, perhaps, with a 3rd class service.
Come Monday, I tried to call any numbers belonging to finance personnel from the staff directory. Managed to talk to one of them, and she insisted that I talk to the few clerks in charge of the unbarring process.
"You cuba lagi lah nanti. Mereka ni semua sibuk kat counter. Queue student panjang ni. Nak settle fees, nak unbar mereka lagi."
For goodness sake, if you place your clerks at the counter to collect fees, how do you expect them to pick up the phone? Simple reasoning also cannot comprehend.
After spending few ringgits on my phone credit, and after multiple calls and redirects, I just couldn't take it anymore. I had no choice but to bug the last person I talked to and she promised to pass the message to the clerk. I was unbarred an hour or so later.
So ends the story of poor service and management.
Labels: University