« Home | 4 Days To CNY » | Teka-Teki » | Back In Meow~ City » | It's Over » | Oh No !!! It's Harry Potter (again) ! » | L'Oreal e-Strat Challenge 2006 Cocktail Reception » | I'm Invited » | 2006 » | The End Of Year 2005 » | A Lecturer's Advice » 

Sunday, January 29, 2006 

Happy Chinese New Year

CNY is finally here - after days of endless work, buckets of sweat, and pain here and there.

Kuching was heavily bombarded by all sorts of firework. Everywhere you turn, you will see fireworks. Unbelievable! Lasted almost an hour. Dad kept saying how much money has been burnt in just one night. :P Read more about it here.

I woke up around noon today because I slept around 4.00am on CNY eve. Only started to visit my relatives after 2.00pm. :P

Most young adults nowadays don't really visit relatives anymore on CNY. For me, I really enjoyed it. It's the time of the year where you get to visit them (relatives) and not feeling awkward about it. If your luck is good, you might even pick up an angpau or two. Haha. Of course, that don't matter much to me.

It's about keeping in touch with them and learn more about the family background. This year, I got to see some decades-old pictures (black & white of course) of my greatgrandpa & greatgrandma with their children and grandchildren. I got to see pictures of my dad as a kid. Hehe.

My granduncle even told us our great great great great great great ... (alot of greats) grandfather was a well-trusted big general serving one of the Chinese emperors back then, and killed a lot of people while protecting the emperor. Yikes~

Anyway, I heard that my granduncle is now in the midst of drafting our family tree, starting from my greatgrandpa's generation. I always suggest to my dad and his siblings to come out with one, but they never did. Glad that someone is taking the initiative now. :D He's doing a great job gathering information from relatives all around the world (Malaysia, China, Indonesia, US, Australia, UK, Singapore) for the family tree. Once done, every family will have a copy of the tree. Cool huh?

Ok, enough of family history. I should probably find some other things to do. Gambling session tonight has been called off. So I think I'll just stick to net surfing.

Happy CNY again! May the Year of the Golden Dog brings you joy and prosperity! Woof woof~

Labels:

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health