« Home | Online Course Registration » | Merry Christmas! » | Winter Solstice Festival » | I'm Glad... » | Everything Is Coming To An End... » | I'm A Happy Lot. » | What You Can Do When You're Bored » | Christmas Is In The Air! » | The Coolest Jingle Bells Songs » | 2,000,000 Free Seats! » 

Friday, December 30, 2005 

A Lecturer's Advice

Had a chat with my friend earlier, and he told me what his lecturer has mentioned in the class.

The lecturer was telling the students, that if he were to sit for final exam, he would assume that his carry mark for a particular subject is 0 (out of 40%, for example). He would then aim to achieve 50% out of 60% from the final paper.

He said some students have high (sometimes almost full) carry marks, but only managed to score a B+ or B in the subject. The reason being the students are so confident with their carry marks and might not work as hard for the final paper.

I find his statement very interesting, and so would like to share it with you (especially if you're still a student). Guess I am going to have that mindset from now on. : )

Labels:

Ahaks .. Raymond, I'm a bit different ler.. if I got high carry mark, I'd study even harder to get good grades in the subject. Otherwise, I'll either be super tensed when facing that subject, or extreeeeemely super freakin tense during the finals. You know, most ppl's brain can't operate well when they panic :P All the best for your finals this sem, btw :P

swee won: Haha, who ask you to be so tensed up?! *smack smack* Muahahaha...

All the best to you too!

Post a Comment

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health