« Home | I'm Invited » | 2006 » | The End Of Year 2005 » | A Lecturer's Advice » | Online Course Registration » | Merry Christmas! » | Winter Solstice Festival » | I'm Glad... » | Everything Is Coming To An End... » | I'm A Happy Lot. » 

Friday, January 06, 2006 

L'Oreal e-Strat Challenge 2006 Cocktail Reception

I was invited to the cocktail reception (as a past intern :P ) held on 5/1 at the Frangipani Restaurant & Bar at Changkat Bukit Bintang.

It was a reception held specially for those student teams who got into Round 2 of the L'Oreal e-Strat Challenge 2006. There were 31 teams (3 in a team) altogether, and MMU has 11 teams out of the 31!



Frangipani Restaurant & Bar


I arrived quite early, and was excited to see some of my ex-colleagues who were busy making finishing touches to the place. After exchanging pleasantries, I had the chance to explore the place. Tried to snap a few photos of the place before the sun sets. (Thanks HM for the camera! )



The Stairway Leading To The Bar On The Upper Floor



The Restaurant Area On The Ground Floor



One Of The Counters With Its Red-Coloured Theme Setting



Nice, Red Comfy Sofa



'White-Colored Theme' Area


The reception started around 7.00pm with some greetings and speeches. I was too busy chatting with my ex-colleagues and did not really pay attention to what was going on. :P



Part Of The Crowd At The Reception


There was a prize giving ceremony for the past e-Strat Challenge 5 top 3 Malaysian teams. On top of receiving a plaque each, the 3rd prize winner got themselves a mp3 player each; while the runner-up team received a Canon Digital Camera each. And guess what the winning team (they're from MMU, by the way) got? A brand new pocket PC each!!! 0_o

The crowd were letting out Oh's and Ah's and Wow's all the time. And the emcee even said it was "a little appreciation for their (the winners) effort" *AHEM*

I was so hungry when the finger food was finally served. The food was so nicely decorated I even hesitated (for 1 second) to gobble the thing up. :D There was smoked salmon with salmon caviar (Ikura), duck meat with ginger slice, soft shell crab with moyannaise, and many more.







Everyone was mingling around after a while, so I took the chance to take some pictures with my ex-colleagues, whom I were very close with back during my training days.



Meet Tracy, From Corporate Communications



CH, Audrey, CY (another past intern from MMU), Me



The HR gang: Amy (1st left), Maya (2nd right) & Kashini (1st right)



The Big Shots: Jean-Francois Couve (MD, 1st left), Shin (GM, 3rd left), and Vincent (Director, 2nd right)


I left around 9.30pm after helping Audrey packed all the publicity materials. Took the 10.00 pm bus back to Melaka. I must say it was an enjoyable trip - to be able to attend the reception and meet up my ex-colleagues. : )



Goodies Bag. There's L'Oreal Professional's Intense Repair Shampoo; Redken's Color Extend; Kerastase's Serum; L'Oreal Paris' Lip Gloss, Mascara, Studio Line Party Proof Gel, Dermo-Expertise Pure Zone Cleaner & Moisturizer; and Giorgio Armani's Armani Mania Sample. All these should worth than RM 200. *Grin*

Labels:

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health