KL One-Day Trip
Oh well, the big day finally arrived. We took the 8.00 am bus and arrived around 10.00 am. Tried to get the return ticket, but was later informed that all tickets to Melaka for the day were sold out. Thank God, we managed to obtain the tickets from our friends who wanted to "dispose" them.
Ah, it's a long story on how we got the tickets; what matters is that we both for sure were going back on the 8.30 pm bus. :D
We walked all the way to Times Square to meet up with Krys and her friends (Steph, Ivy & Michelle). I got to know Krys during my secondary school life, and she happened to visit Melaka 2 days ago. Anyways, after a short meet, we parted ways and continued with each other's business.
Walked around Times Square before proceeding to Sungei Wang, BB Plaza and Lot 10. After 4 shopping complexes, I still can't find any clothes suitable of my taste. I think Alister was already grabbing a few shopping bags already. :P Got myself a silver ring though, similar to the one I'm wearing now.
We left Bukit Bintang and took the KTM to Mid Valley Megamall. Had lunch at KFC and continued the hunt for clothes. Finally, got myself 2 shirts - 1 Snails Original, 1 Sam.
And so, we headed back to Pudu and collected our tickets from the "ticket seller". An hour plus before the bus departs.
How could we possibly leave KL without visiting Petaling Street. Nowadays, whenever I'm there, I always implement the "Just See, Don't Bother To Bargain, No Buy" policy. Let's just say we were there to kill time only. Hehehe.
Time to bid KL goodbye. Pudu was jam-packed with people, mostly Muslims trying to get back for Hari Raya Haji. The rest of the people (like us) were just making full use of the holiday to travel.
Bus departed at around 8.45pm. Usual travelling time from KL to Melaka should take less than 2 hours at night. It was different this time. Everywhere, I mean including the highway, all I could see was lines and lines of car. They were literally crawling on bumper-to-bumper speed.
The driver had to take another route to avoid the jam. He was not that lucky though. The route he took was also jammed. And I don't know whether I should call the driver crazy or "cute" - he was actually talking to himself most of the time. Let me translate.
Driver: Ah, here also jam ar.
Driver: The other route I took earlier was also jam.
...
Driver: Alah, drive nearer lah. Later people "eat" your road baru you know.
Driver: Ya, like that mah, must be brave a bit one.
...
Driver: Want to go back Raya lah. So many people on the road.
Driver: How lah like that? Aiyoh.
...
Driver: Ah, reach Seremban already.
Driver: Should be fast, should be fast...
Reminds me of Gollum. My Precioussss....
When the bus reached Melaka, it was already past midnight. While in the taxi back home, the driver was telling us how bad the jam was. He told us the bus from JB to Melaka which departed at 5.00pm arrived only a bit earlier than us.
Just glad that I'm back. I'm sure a lot of people will throng the Malaccan town this weekend. It has always been the case everytime there's some public holidays.
Wow I don't believe it! hahaha you're stucked in a bus for abt 4 hours?? good for u! haha we tot of going to penang for this short break. but it is the jam that made us change our minds :> clever eh? come KL also never find us... [-(
Posted by
ruiyun |
12:17 pm
HAHAHA so funny 1 ur bus driver... maybe he was jz trying 2 scare u =P
~eT
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:13 am
Hehe... I don't think he was trying to scare me. He was just too bored, and so he talked to himself...hoping his own reflection from the window would talk to him.
I guess he failed afterall. Else he won't talk for the entire journey. Hahaha :P
Posted by
raymond |
12:02 am
Hey, sweewon. You should have sat in the bus instead of me lah. Hehehe.
Anyways, I did not look for you 'cause I knew "somebody" was almost bored to death in lectures that day while I was enjoying my time in KL. Wahahaha...
Posted by
raymond |
12:06 am