Free Movie, Anyone?
Had dinner with Advent, Wing & Maywan at a Hong Kong-style restaurant in 1 Utama. As usual, I forgot the name of the restaurant. The food was nice, and the price was quite reasonable.
Wing then suggested for a movie (Fantastic 4) on Friday. We decided to buy the ticket in advance at the newly-open GSC. There was a lot of people lining up to get in the cinema. It was Tuesday evening, no new movie. A little too weird for such a crowd.
We then found out it was a special screening for the Fantastic 4. If you happened to tune in to Hitz.fm, MY.fm or ERA.fm for the past few weeks, then you might be aware of a SMS contest to win passes to the screening.
What came next was totally unexpected. While queuing to buy the ticket, a group of girls approached us and offered us their free passes. "Hi, you want these tickets? They're for Fantastic 4. Free. Show starts at 9.00pm."
And so we took the ticket and joined the queue. The security was tight. The guards were forming a line all the way up to the entrance of the cinemas. Then, someone announced through the PA system that handphones are not allowed in the halls, not even my lousy Nokia 2100. -_-"
We deposited our handphones in a labeled envelope at the counter. It was professional. Imagine it as a library book catalogue. You have all the cards with information of the books stored alphabetically on a shelf. Cool huh? :P
We had to go through another round of security clearance. This time we had to empty our pockets and let the guards scanned us. Not with the hand, mind you, but with a scanner bar.
On the way to the hall, we saw many so-called Malaysian celebrity. There was the Hitz.fm DJ. Serena C was there. So was Jason Lo. Some I don't know their names. There was one local actor I met in the washroom. I don't know the name. But if I'm not mistaken, he was the guy who co-hosted the Astro Talent Quest with Phoebe.
We were seated in the "ERA.fm" hall, since everyone there was the lucky winner from ERA.fm. There were other halls with lucky winners from other radio stations. Was in hall #9. Quite a big one I must say. The seat was very comfortable, and spacious as well.
It was already past 9.00pm but the show has yet to start. They were a few trailers. And Harry Potter was one of them. OH MY GOD!!! H-A-R-R-Y P-O-T-T-E-R. The trailer was so good. I just can't wait for the movie to come out in November. ARGHHH... *breathe in, breathe out*. Steady, steady.
AND THE LATEST ADDITION TO THE HARRY POTTER BOOK IS OUT THIS WEEK!!!! I want a copy, I want, I want. Any sponsors? *eyes batting*
Ok well back to the movie. It was good. Jokes here and there; and actions too. I heard the ratings in the west are not that good. It was fine for me, though. Don't know, perhaps I'm attracted to movies adapted from comics.
Afterall, I don't have to pay a single cent to watch it. :D
Wing then suggested for a movie (Fantastic 4) on Friday. We decided to buy the ticket in advance at the newly-open GSC. There was a lot of people lining up to get in the cinema. It was Tuesday evening, no new movie. A little too weird for such a crowd.
We then found out it was a special screening for the Fantastic 4. If you happened to tune in to Hitz.fm, MY.fm or ERA.fm for the past few weeks, then you might be aware of a SMS contest to win passes to the screening.
What came next was totally unexpected. While queuing to buy the ticket, a group of girls approached us and offered us their free passes. "Hi, you want these tickets? They're for Fantastic 4. Free. Show starts at 9.00pm."
And so we took the ticket and joined the queue. The security was tight. The guards were forming a line all the way up to the entrance of the cinemas. Then, someone announced through the PA system that handphones are not allowed in the halls, not even my lousy Nokia 2100. -_-"
We deposited our handphones in a labeled envelope at the counter. It was professional. Imagine it as a library book catalogue. You have all the cards with information of the books stored alphabetically on a shelf. Cool huh? :P
We had to go through another round of security clearance. This time we had to empty our pockets and let the guards scanned us. Not with the hand, mind you, but with a scanner bar.
On the way to the hall, we saw many so-called Malaysian celebrity. There was the Hitz.fm DJ. Serena C was there. So was Jason Lo. Some I don't know their names. There was one local actor I met in the washroom. I don't know the name. But if I'm not mistaken, he was the guy who co-hosted the Astro Talent Quest with Phoebe.
We were seated in the "ERA.fm" hall, since everyone there was the lucky winner from ERA.fm. There were other halls with lucky winners from other radio stations. Was in hall #9. Quite a big one I must say. The seat was very comfortable, and spacious as well.
It was already past 9.00pm but the show has yet to start. They were a few trailers. And Harry Potter was one of them. OH MY GOD!!! H-A-R-R-Y P-O-T-T-E-R. The trailer was so good. I just can't wait for the movie to come out in November. ARGHHH... *breathe in, breathe out*. Steady, steady.
AND THE LATEST ADDITION TO THE HARRY POTTER BOOK IS OUT THIS WEEK!!!! I want a copy, I want, I want. Any sponsors? *eyes batting*
Ok well back to the movie. It was good. Jokes here and there; and actions too. I heard the ratings in the west are not that good. It was fine for me, though. Don't know, perhaps I'm attracted to movies adapted from comics.
Afterall, I don't have to pay a single cent to watch it. :D
Labels: University
wah sipek songz hoh.. free movie ler.. i oso wan
Posted by
Ah WanG |
8:56 am