Mulu Trip I
I wanted to post this up ages ago, but was simply too busy. There will be more photos and less words (I hope) for this post. Enjoy. :D
I had planned for this trip with my ex-colleagues back when I was still undergoing my Industrial Training. It was kind of a sequel to our Redang trip last September. Hehe.
So when AirAsia was having its 1,000,000 free seat promotion, we were quick to grab 4 free seats for a KL - Miri - KL return flight. We liaised with a travel agent for the 4d/3n trip.
On 1 March, we boarded an early plane bound for Miri. The new Miri Airport is like a mini KLIA. I still like the new Kuching International Airport, though. :P
We had about 2 hours before the departure of our connecting flight to Mulu. Here's some of the photos I managed to snap in the airport.
The benefit of walking down from a plane to the terminal is you get to pose for a photo.
Inside the terminal
Check-in counters
This is my very first time getting on a Twin Otter plane. It is so cute. I must admit, it looked very fragile and could break into two anytime. I could actually feel the whole plane moving when I climbed into it. I'm not fat; it's the plane. The interior is not the usual posh-looking MAS flight. There's only 19 seats, similar to those in my campus' lecture rooms. No steward/stewardess on duty. There's only you, the other passengers and the pilots. Cool, huh?
The plane has only a cruising speed of 269 km/h, 1/3 of B747's speed. It flies low too.
MAS' DHC-6 Twin Otter
The pilot and co-pilot were so busy flipping switches, pushing buttons and pulling levers.
OMG, they stole the chairs from the campus lecture room.
An aerial view of Miri city.
Nice coastal view.
Nice?
Hmm...reminds me of neuron.
Rejang River? I have no idea.
Posing in front of the Twin Otter on arrival at Mulu Airport.
The 20-minute flight to Mulu was awesome. I definitely enjoyed the experience flying in a Twin Otter!
Up next - Royal Mulu Resort.
Labels: Travel / Going Places
u looked good in ya old-new-spec!! ;)
but u'r looking GREAT with da current one.. haha!
no worries pal! U oways look hensum! even with a few dots dots on ya face.. haha... :P
I like da views from da plane! nice..
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:26 pm