Needle and I
Went to the specialist center today to have a follow-up medical check. Was required to do another blood test, which means another injection! :(
I am super afraid of injections. I could even count the number of times I have an injection. That would be less than 5 times excluding the ones I got when I was still a baby. And guess what? I've already gotten 3 jabs out of that 5 times (or less) for the past 1 year, thanks to my high blood pressure.
The first jab was given by a GP at a clinic who advised that I do some tests to determine whether the high BP was caused by any organ failure. I almost had a nightmare the night before the blood test. No kidding.
I know I know. You would say that it's just like an ant bite. But it's not the pain that I can't withstand. It's that feeling of something poking into your skin and stay there for a good few seconds before being pulled out that freaks me out. Arghhh, even typing the experience gives me the shivers.
Anyways, I got another jab about 2 weeks ago. This time I was admitted to a private hospital for observation, upon insistence of the doctor. Well, I went to the emergency ward because I was feeling dizzy. I was hoping for an MC only. Who knew the doc would be so generous and offered me 3 days of MC, 2 night stay at the ward, and plenty of meals. Oh and not forgetting a series of tests done on my heart, liver and kidney.
And of course that sweet jab given to me at 5.30 in the morning. I was sleeping soundly when the nurses came. They poked the needle into my right arm and got no blood, pulled it out and stucked it into my left arm instead! Imagine being poked at like that when you're only half awake. 0.o"
Luckily my eyes were to dry to flow any tears. Hehe.
This morning's experience was the best I had to date. Imagine a hospital pharmacy where you'll need to take a number and queue for blood test. The guy's job is to keep calling people into a corner and draw blood. He's really a pro. Seriously no pain at all! Of course this time I'm smart enough to ask him to draw blood from my left arm. :D
And you don't even feel that needle in your skin. Maybe the needle was much sharper, I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.
P/S:
FYI, my organs are perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong with them. The specialist told me I'm having high BP due to the environment (work, food, bla bla bla) I'm in. I am prescribed with a medicine to control my BP.
I now consider myself expert in high BP related issue. ; )
And no, high BP doesn't spell heart attack! :P
Oh, in case you're wondering how much is the hospitalization fee, it's a 4-figure sum. Don't worry, I'm not broke yet because I'm covered under the company's medical benefit. ; )
I am super afraid of injections. I could even count the number of times I have an injection. That would be less than 5 times excluding the ones I got when I was still a baby. And guess what? I've already gotten 3 jabs out of that 5 times (or less) for the past 1 year, thanks to my high blood pressure.
The first jab was given by a GP at a clinic who advised that I do some tests to determine whether the high BP was caused by any organ failure. I almost had a nightmare the night before the blood test. No kidding.
I know I know. You would say that it's just like an ant bite. But it's not the pain that I can't withstand. It's that feeling of something poking into your skin and stay there for a good few seconds before being pulled out that freaks me out. Arghhh, even typing the experience gives me the shivers.
Anyways, I got another jab about 2 weeks ago. This time I was admitted to a private hospital for observation, upon insistence of the doctor. Well, I went to the emergency ward because I was feeling dizzy. I was hoping for an MC only. Who knew the doc would be so generous and offered me 3 days of MC, 2 night stay at the ward, and plenty of meals. Oh and not forgetting a series of tests done on my heart, liver and kidney.
And of course that sweet jab given to me at 5.30 in the morning. I was sleeping soundly when the nurses came. They poked the needle into my right arm and got no blood, pulled it out and stucked it into my left arm instead! Imagine being poked at like that when you're only half awake. 0.o"
Luckily my eyes were to dry to flow any tears. Hehe.
This morning's experience was the best I had to date. Imagine a hospital pharmacy where you'll need to take a number and queue for blood test. The guy's job is to keep calling people into a corner and draw blood. He's really a pro. Seriously no pain at all! Of course this time I'm smart enough to ask him to draw blood from my left arm. :D
And you don't even feel that needle in your skin. Maybe the needle was much sharper, I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.
P/S:
FYI, my organs are perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong with them. The specialist told me I'm having high BP due to the environment (work, food, bla bla bla) I'm in. I am prescribed with a medicine to control my BP.
I now consider myself expert in high BP related issue. ; )
And no, high BP doesn't spell heart attack! :P
Oh, in case you're wondering how much is the hospitalization fee, it's a 4-figure sum. Don't worry, I'm not broke yet because I'm covered under the company's medical benefit. ; )
Labels: Life
doesn't that spell out EXERCISE loudly? take care my friend...
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:08 pm