« Home | To Be Continued... » | The Past 30 Days » | I'm Not Back In Kuching...Yet » | I'm Going Back (Finally) » | Result's Out » | Genting Trip » | Genting Highland » | Receipt » | Cockroach » | Hoilday Plan » 

Friday, June 03, 2005 

3-In-1

I initially planned to do a back post about my first day undergoing training. However, today has been a long day for me. So I'll just sum up the first 3 days of my industrial training. Oh well, here goes.

I reported for duty on 1 June. Was briefed by Audrey from HR Department about the company (almost every part of it, including its history. *yawn* ). I was told of the projects I'll be doing throughout the internship. She then showed me around the company (which takes up 2 floors of office space) and proceeded to introduce me to the staffs as we moved from department to department. Imagine "Hello, nice to meet you! My name is Raymond" being repeated for as many time as the number of handshakes I made. Took me more than an hour.

I then met with my supervisor who assigned me to Yuen to work on the Point Of Sales system. I'll be with Yuen for approximately a month. My first day was spent on cleaning up the company data, which will be used for the POS system. Yesterday, I 'played' with the data as well, sorting and coding it.

And today I had the chance to do some management work - updating and reporting sales figures. Been into the server room as well to do some information updates and uploads. Really freaked myself out, constantly reminding myself how important these data is to the company and that there's no room for any mistakes. The temperature in the server room was much much lower.

Worked past office hour these 3 days. There's so much work to be done. I even worked till 8pm today. I kinda enjoy this kind of life, though it's quite tiring. Hope I'll be able to last for the next 4 months.

Oh one more thing, Audrey forgot to let me know that today is supposed to be casual Friday. I wore formal with tie to the company. And you guess it, I was the odd one out. Everyone was looking so relaxed and comfortable in their casual wear - tshirts, jeans, khakis. And then there was this stupid guy wearing all smart. In the end, I had to take off my tie, hoping to be able to 'blend' in the theme-wear-of-the-day. :P No worries, next Friday I'm sure to be in my jeans. Muahahaha...

On a lighter note, the company staffs really treat me as part of the big family. First, there's this memorandum from HR welcoming me into the company. Then, all those handshakes and introductions. I was even 'dated' for lunches. We talked about travelling and movies (and of course abit of work-related topics). Ain't that great! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been to KLCC, 1 Utama and Mid Valley Megamall for the past 3 days, one at a day. Watched 3 movies, XXX 2 (KLCC), Madagascar (KLCC) and The Interpreter (Mid Valley). In the end I burnt a hole in my pocket. :P

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health