« Home | A New Chapter » | 22 » | Glad To Be Back » | I Miss Home-Cooked Food » | Officially Graduated (And Unemployed) » | I Have Graduated » | Cats - Here, There, Everywhere » | I Can See The End Already » | I Seriously Think I Have Insomnia » | Insects » 

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 

A New Life

I finally moved on.

I think I have already gotten used to working life, even though it's only my 3rd day at work. Got a work station for myself complete with pc (LCD monitor! hehe...) and personal phone.

I'm currently attached to one of my colleagues for training. Going to take me about 6 - 8 weeks to complete, but he wants me to be ready in 2 weeks. I have a lot of things to pick up in a very short time. *Ahem* My colleagues are a great bunch of people - helpful, friendly & playful. Perfect combination, don't you think so?

My job requires me to work shifts. Each week, I will be assigned to one of the 7 shift patterns available which includes working at night as well as weekends. Take this week for example, I need to work 12 hours per day for the whole week inclusive of Saturday & Sunday. I don't mind, really. At least I get to claim OT and meal allowance.

Oh ya, there's a TV with Astro inside the office. It's always tuned in to CNN to monitor any breaking news. Unfortunately, most of the channels are locked. Since I'm working night shift this weekend and the World Cup final will be played, my boss has agreed to let us watch the match while working. Muahahaha...

By the way, anyone watching the match between Italy and Gemary this morning must be thrilled. I joined a few of my colleagues to watch the match. All were so bored until Italy scored the 2 goals at the final minutes. It was almost 5.30am when it ended and some of my colleagues had to start work as early as 7.00am. I'm glad that I only start work at 11.00am. Anyway, no more late night for us tonight because we think France will surely win. Hahaha...

Another 15 minutes before my shift ends. Time to start packing. *whistling*

which company u work in? in melaka?
which position u work? :p

that is indeed funny for the comments above...

btw... so update more often... curious to know what u do there... glad that you enjoy the job at least...

Post a Comment

Walking the Life of Mine is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health